Shop Handmade UK directory started in December 2008 and has more than doubled to include over 1500 designer-makers. All designers, artists & makers listed on Shop Handmade UK are UK based and produce only handmade goods.
I set up Shop Handmade UK with the aim of helping designers, artists & makers just like me to promote and grow their small business and to find a place in a market overflowing with mass produced imports.
Why Buy Handmade?
There are so many reasons to consider handmade goods over and above mass produced and imported goods, here are a few:
- Buying handmade from local makers means you are supporting local small businesses and in-turn our local economy.
- Handmade products are often one of a kind and very unique, something the high street can't afford to offer you.
- Handmade products are made with love, care and attention to detail.
- Buying from local UK based designers reduces your carbon footprint.
- Handmade = quality, products are tested usually by the designer themselves and as their name and reputation goes with that product you can rest assured it is quality.
- Handmade products = value for money, you don't pay for wholesalers or middle men you pay for the product only.
Browse the Handmade Directory, find some great products & gifts and become a handmade convert whilst supporting UK based designers, artists & crafters and in turn our economy.
Take me to the Handmade Directory right now:
If you have any questions or suggestions please contact us on here.